So I've been reading facebook posts about things people are thankful for. While doing so, I started thinking "I should put that as a post for myself." Well, I'm just so thankful for so many things. I figure this is a better place to put it. This could potentially be a really long post. They won't be in any particular order. Oh, where to start....
1. That my siblings call and ask for my opinion. It makes me feel important.
2. For people in my ward who are just fantastic. There are a few in particular that I want to be like. Whit Larsen, Tammy Black, Sister Bodily, Brother Martin, just to name a few. Others who used to be in my ward...Kiley Yerka and Ashley Griffiths.
3. Facebook-really this is in no particular order-Through facebook I can keep up to date on the happenings of others. For example, 2 good acquaintances/friends I knew from institute just got married. I haven't talked to either in a long time, and didn't know they were engaged.
4. Mormon Channel online
5. Music streaming from the Mormon channel. I'm listening to it right now. It's such a good way to feel the spirit, particularly on Sunday.
6. Primary music program-The things they know. How wonderful to have that knowledge so young.
7. Prayer-Heavenly Father hears me.
8. Revelation- Heavenly Father speaks to me through the Holy Ghost.
9. Caitlyn- my sweet baby girl. She is 8 months old now. She is laughing/giggling/and communicating more- well in her 8 month old way. :)
10. To be a mom. I have learned a lot in the last several months. Even with the challenges...I'm thankful that Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity. It took us a little while to conceive her.
11. Matt- We'll have been married for 3 years this upcoming Tuesday (in 2 days). Being married has it's challenges. I have to remember that I bring challenges to our marriage, too. I love Matt's silliness, his logic, his hard work to provide for us currently while letting me stay home with Caitlyn, his hard work in school to provide better for us. He is one smart cookie! :) He is flying through school. I'm thankful for his computer knowledge, including the Excel spreadsheets he's created for me. The many computer shortcuts that he has shown me have also been a great benefit to me. I use them all the time.
12. Eternal marriage and eternal families. "I Have a Family Here on Earth" is one of my favorite songs.
13. Good uplifting music-from big band to sabbath hymns. Such a positive, powerful influence it can have.
14. Commandments-Everything He commands us to do is for our benefit and happiness. Heavenly Father has given us so much and then commands us to do certain things which makes our lives better. He then blesses us for keeping those commands. Heavenly Father is wonderful!
15. The scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon. To have God's will in written form-We have our own copies. What would it be like not to have such access? I don't want to know, and yet I have much work to do to take full advantage of this gift.
16. Ease of life. I don't think about this as nearly as often as I should and not nearly as deeply as I should. Plumbing, hot water, heat, good food that is so accessible, a bed.....peace, freedom. I have a hard time understanding that most people live in conditions less than this. I might as well be living in a mansion-for to many, my 2 bed basement apartment is one.
17. Opportunity. It kind of goes with the above thought. To be able to excel and thrive in areas of my choosing without hindermint from the government. We complain about what's wrong with the government and much must change. However, if we were to take a snapshot of just today-oh, the freedom that we have!
18. The gospel. Oh, to know that God speaks to man, that the priesthood is restored, that we lived before we came here, and that we can live with our families in His presence! This is not a fantasy. This is true! There is a plan. Heavenly Father loves us. He gave his Son, who willingly lived and died so we could all live again. He was perfect. Christ did no have to do this, but He did, because He loves us.
19. Absolutes. There is right and wrong. There is peace and direction in knowing this. Others perceptions don't change this fact. Saying otherwise is like saying gravity is in force only on Wednesdays. :) Well, that would make life quite interesting. :)
20. Parents. I do have to hand it to them. I wasn't the necessarily the easiest kid. A few sticks of dynamite were needed to get me moving sometimes. I'm thankful for parents who showed me how to obey God. I'm thankful for their continued expressions of love and help.
21. A beautiful earth. Trees, mountains, the sound of water, sunsets, sunbeams, rainbows, birds, squirrels,....Heavenly Father didn't have to create such a beautiful place for us to live, but He did. He definitely loves each of us.
22. Holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love when friends and family gather together. Good food, good company, and a spirit of good will and gratitude. :)